It is not his looks that made me fall in love with the boy.
Neither is it the way he walks.
Or talks.
Nor that he can command a room and how.
I didn't fall in love with the boy because he is tall, dark and handsome.

The first time I heard him speak, I was intrigued and HAD to listen. 
The depth of his words drew me in and forced me to look beyond him, into him.

Then I decided I had to hear more.
The more I heard, I knew I could listen forever.
I want to listen forever.

I want to take his ideas and give birth to the realities of his vison.
I want to be the one he looks at, and says to everyone: She helped me.
I want to be his personal cheerleader.
I have to be there when the valleys show up, to hold his hand and urge him on.
I have to be his rock when the ground gets muddy.
I need to be there to see him fulfil his purpose.
I want to be the woman he needs.

But whats more, I need him to complete my photosynthesis and become the woman I am going to be.


I know.
He has annoying habits.
He snores like a chimney, and sometimes slobbers when he eats.
Sometimes he forgets to say 'Thank you'
Sometimes he refuses to clean up after himself.
He doesnt always say how he is feeling, and sometimes treats me like a child.

But what does all that matter, when I can clearly see the man he is meant to be?
The man he is going to be?

If this isn't love then tell me, what is?



xxx
Fabulo-la

Comments (6)

On August 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM , LohiO said...

This is beautiful! I love love!!

 
On August 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Harry said...

Nice one. Pretty interesting

 
On August 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM , bumight said...

wait, when did fabulola start writing poetry?

 
On August 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM , Fabulo-la said...

Me too, ah dunno o!

 
On August 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM , Fabulo-la said...

You must be in love, Lohi. Lol

 
On August 28, 2012 at 6:24 PM , seye said...

UP....DATE!