Yesterday I fell in love with a boy.
When he looked at me, my heart did cartwheels hoping it would fall and he would catch it.
When he touched me, my knees gave way hoping he would hold me.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.
When he spoke he reminded me of Solomon with the integrity of Joseph.
His heart for God reminded me of David, his courage reminded me of Joshua.
When I looked at him, I saw him drenched in 1Corin15:58.

I wonder if he saw me?
Or perhaps, ... fell in love with me too?
Did his heart skip a beat when I smiled at him?
Did he long to hold me too, as I brushed past him?

When he looks at me, does he see the boldness of Esther,
aligned with the submission of Mary, engulfed by the tears of a praying Hannah?
Do I remind him of P31?

Yesterday, I fell in love with a boy.
But I wonder, will he fall in love with me too?



Comments (6)

On July 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM , Okeoghene said...

Nice poem. Can I pin this please?

 
On July 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM , mizchif said...

Marry me.

 
On July 25, 2012 at 6:11 PM , Fabulo-la said...

Thanks.
No problem as long as you reference :)

 
On July 28, 2012 at 4:24 AM , Nutty J. said...

Nicely done.

I wonder if its just a poem or if its literal

 
On July 28, 2012 at 4:26 AM , Fabulo-la said...

I wonder too...

 
On July 31, 2012 at 2:39 AM , SHE said...

Good one.

Real or imagined, I hope he falls in love too!