Walking down the path of the way that seems to be right, but the stick in my eye prevents a clear view. My lamp of Judgement aiding my way. My holier-than-thou cloak protecting me against the chill of the pleading stares of passers by, going in the opposite direction, warning me of the stick in my eye. But with the bright light of my 'Judgement lamp' in their faces, they cower away.
How can I with my badge of 'morally upright-ness' associate myself with them?
I pass by a mirror and notice a little stain in my cloak. Black tar-like stain that seems to be growing by the second. I try to wipe it off but it only spreads. Covering it in 'hypocrisy' I leave it. Afterall if no one can see it, it really isn't there.
But as I trudge on, the cloak seems to get heavier and the path dimmer. I refill my judgement lamp with some 'I-am-better-than-you' oil. Just then a passer-by warns me of the trail of tar I am leaving behimd and offers to help me clean the cloak.
I yell, accusing her of trying to distract me from the way of the 'right'.
I spit at her, only for the spit to land on my face.
Just then I notice scores of other passers by rushing past me. Right infront of me is the woman who warned me of the stick in my eye. She is in a corner washing away the tar from her cloak.
"Aren't you going in the wrong direction?" she says to me.
'Hmm!' I say to her as I walk hurriedly past her. Careful not to let my cloak get anywhere near her in case she 'stains' it.
The irony.
I hurry along stumbling, as the cloak has gotten heavier and is soaking through my hypocrisy. The stick in my eye has grown and is protruding out my eyeball.
Suddenly I trip and I'm falling. Slowly into a hole. My life if flashed before my eyes and I realise...
I dug the hole with my bare hands. Covered it with hypocrisy and pretence, and now here I am.
Or am not.


Walking down the path of the way that seems to be right, but the stick in my eye prevents a clear view.
I lay my judgement lamp and walk to the 'mirror of truth' to remove the stick in my eye.

And it hurts....


Xxx
Fabulo-la


Sent from my CrackBerry® device.

Comments (13)

On June 10, 2011 at 7:27 AM , 24yearOldTeEnAgeR said...

This is so me.

 
On June 10, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Rebirth said...

been a while....how are you doing?

 
On June 10, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Giagerry said...

WoW!!
First of all--Longtime!
Secondly, great post! Totally get this post like u have no idea. I can write my post on this comment section if care isnt even taken here LoL!! Hope u r doing well and better hun.
God bless ya!

 
On June 10, 2011 at 9:54 AM , dosh said...

omg this is amazing! u write really well and i'm glad i dropped by

 
On June 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM , doll (retired blogger) said...

looooooooooooong time!

 
On June 10, 2011 at 4:44 PM , 48 said...

Poignant. All's well as long as we manage to always find our way back to 'the mirror of truth'

 
On June 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM , mizchif said...

I need you to write more babe.

You're lucky you don't have bbm anymore, id have dedicated myself to stalking you to update more often.

Oh and yea i loved this post, but that should go without saying.

Hope you are well.

 
On June 11, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Mwajim Al said...

We all are this way - hypocrites. Its a good thing God still loves and forgives us inspite of ourselves... and its a good thing when one can recognize his/her flaw.

 
On June 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM , seye said...

Graphically said!

 
On June 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM , ~B~ said...

As 48 said, the important thing is that we find our 'mirror of truth'.

Glad to see a post from you.

 
On June 12, 2011 at 9:15 AM , LohiO said...

That was VERY well written! I love it! Long time!

 
On June 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM , AliceDCL said...

the Irony of Humans

 
On June 17, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Unknown said...

Truth actually sets free

My 'p' says be teachable so when you get to crossroads you will still be able to get on the NARROW way.

Peace!