"...though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so."

Or are you?

To what end did You bring me here?
That I may hold her hand while You slowly take her from me?
That she may not be alone while her body feasts on itself?

What exactly is Your plan?
Because You always have a plan.
Tell me the lesson that I may learn it quickly.

I am not Job.
Do not test my righteousness, because I will fall...
I will fall farther than where You found me.
I will fall deeper into the abyss of faithlessness.


Take me instead.
Do not punish her for my sins.
Do not forsake the ones to whom she is their all.
Take me instead, that she may live to declare your glory.


"Death be not proud..."




Sent from my CrackBerry® device.

Comments (10)

On June 19, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous said...

Scratching my head whilst pondering the weight of these words...

 
On June 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Tee said...

I am sorry for your loss...

May God give you strength...x

 
On June 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM , seye said...

NOBODY WILL BELIEVE THAT I JUST LEFT THIS PAGE: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Death_be_not_proud
BEFORE VISITING YOUR BLOG. Like all through today, I was doing a study on John Donne and then I had read many of his works, came to that page. then thought to do my blog rounds and then I saw your post. I almost freaked out!

 
On June 20, 2011 at 1:10 AM , Myne said...

Please accept my condolences, and hope you and all she left behind are comforted.

 
On June 20, 2011 at 1:44 AM , Unknown said...

I am so sorry. Take heart dear.

 
On June 20, 2011 at 3:08 AM , kay9 said...

r.i.p

 
On June 21, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Kitten said...

Many hugs to you.

 
On June 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Mwajim Al said...

The Lord is your fortitude.

 
On June 24, 2011 at 5:44 AM , Unknown said...

I don't understand

but it's good work
I hope no one died sha!

 
On June 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Jennifer A. said...

:(