Its easy to sit comfortably on the outside of a situation, look in and see the problems with said situation. It is even easier, to see the solutions to said problems and wonder why in God's name nothing is being done!
Oh yes, I sat in the comfort of my air-conditioned apartment when the zeal arrested me.
In all fairness, I was minding my own business when Enthusiasm knocked no, barged through my door. I pointed fingers at where I thought the problem was. Ah! I even did my research, and started making suggestions to where the solutions should start from.
The insolence and nerve of me!

Now on the other side of the Atlantic, my blood fresh with malaria parasites, I am dumbfounded. The energy I boarded the plane with has been sucked dry out of me by the mediocre attitude of the nation I was (am?) so passionate about. The mental resistance that might be referred to as 'adapting to the system' slapped me so hard across the face, I cried myself to sleep one night. The disregard for order, and presentation, and mere organization brought me to my knees.
Have I made a mistake crossing the Atlantic in a search to satisfy the so called zeal that arrested me?
Hold up, where is 'Enthusiasm' sef? After dealing with minds that immediately narrow their eyes at you suspiciously on the first hint of a possible accent, the mentality gap drains you. Of energy, and whatever passion you think may have 'arrested' you.
But when I begin to consider the possible mistake or mistakes I may have made and begin to plot an exit strategy, then I realize I am no better than when I was pointing fingers from my cushin shair . The changes I wanted to be a part of nko? Shey it is from my cushin shair I will sit and point towards the change?  Wait a minute, am I not displaying the same mediocre attitude I cringed at earlier?

What a cowardly attitude! Shey it is every time I run into a problem I will run away?
This, my dear readers is not the way forward.
There is no better time than now, to BE the change you want to SEE.

Enough. Is. Enough.

xxx
Fabulo-la

P.S. #InOtherNews, HOW in God's name do guys concentrate in church, when girls are rolling their hips in the name of praise and worship? O_o

Comments (16)

On October 14, 2010 at 2:18 AM , Myne said...

Enough is enough ooo. Yes. Do your own bit dear and leave the rest. The problem of Nigeria is not in one day.

 
On October 14, 2010 at 2:46 AM , Unknown said...

Hi. As par the mediocre, hang in there. You can make a difference still. As par how guys concentrate, i think it is the same way girls concentrate that guys concentrate too! Lol

 
On October 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM , leggy said...

lol,fabs, fabs!!dont worry, you'll be fine

 
On October 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM , SHE said...

Of course its easier to sit outside and make recommendations. Once you are inside, you realise that things are not so easy as they seem.

Never mind, you'll get used to this place.

 
On October 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous said...

There is no better time than now, to BE the change you want to SEE.

it starts with you and I, by doing our little best, the nations shall be a better place.

'Lara

 
On October 14, 2010 at 2:50 PM , kay9 said...

R u in town, girl?

 
On October 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM , 24yearOldTeEnAgeR said...

Lol. Welcome home.

 
On October 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM , LG said...

Nice... goodluck girl

 
On October 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Adeoluwa - NBB said...

You said it all. Be the change you want to see. Enough is enough

 
On October 18, 2010 at 7:57 AM , Unknown said...

Been a while here dear..
I'm optimist.
It is well.
It starts from you and I.

 
On October 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM , doll (retired blogger) said...

did you move houses? cuz your blog does not update on my roll anymore

 
On October 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Ms.O said...

Oh wow!! I love it Fabs!!!! Goodluck with everything. Please keep me in the loop.

 
On October 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM , Nice Anon said...

Did you move back to Nigeria finally or just visiting?

 
On October 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM , Ebony~!* said...

Your title captivated me.....mediocrity can NEVER be my friend. I refuse it totally. Do your part and pray fur the rest. Nigeria will get there slowly but surely. No matter how impossible it seems ATM. Have a good weekend.

 
On October 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you had left. Lol. Come back, you won't make a difference out there. Believe.

 
On November 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM , authorsoundsbetterthanwriter said...

I feel this. I'm so much more apathetic when I'm in Nigeria. N.E.P.A, traffic, mosquitoes and before you know it, I'm not reading the news. I'm too concerned with the wahala in my face.