Dasola, Funke, Yemi and Ebun, long time high-school friends were relaxing after a long day. It was the first time either one of them had seen Dasola for almost 8 years, so there was much to talk about.
After giggling and catching up for a couple of hours, in a quiet moment that ensued, Funke lamented about how she wanted a new car.

"God knows I really really need a new car. My car has been giving me problems since I got it."
"Did you buy it brand new?" Dasola asked.
"Brand new ke? No o." Funke replied. "It was my dad that gave it to me, after insisting and insisting that I needed one. The fuel gauge doesnt work, the brakes, now thats another story."
"I know what you mean" Ebun said. "My car sef. I kept changing the battery, cause I thought that was what the problem was. Im not even sure anymore. Now what it does is, even after the car is off, the engine still sounds like its on."
"Kia Picanto nko?" Yemi said. "Brand new is really cheap."
"Hahaha! Very funny." Funke laughed. "You, you will be driving 07 Camry, me I should now go and buy picanto? Lai lai."
"But what is wrong with the car now?" Dasola asked
"That tiny car?" Ebun said. "Abeg I agree with Funke jo. Girl like me cannot drive Picanto jere."
"Abi o my sister" Funke laughed as she hi-fived Ebun.
"But what if that is the only car your father offers to buy for you?" Yemi asked.
"Ees okay," Funke answered."He should give me the money, let me be adding to it."

After giggling for a few more minutes, Yemi got a phone call and had to leave. Since she was dropping Dasola off, the two said their good byes.

When Dasola got home, she went to her garage, knelt down in front of her Kia picanto, and started thanking God.
She thanked God that her picanto wasn't giving her problems.
She thanked God that her fuel gauge was working perfectly.
She thanked God that the brakes were in perfect shape.
She thanked God that in this unusually rainy weather, she could wind up her windows AND put the A/C on.
And most of all, she thanked God that, her parents has seen it fit to buy her a brand new car.
Picanto or not.


I hope you learned something from this story, cause I certainly did.


xxx
Fabulo-la

****************************************************
Disclaimer: Names and dates have been changed to protect persons involved. Any semblance to anyone in real-life is totally by accident.



P.S Hello blogsville *insert Wendy William voice* How y'all doin'?

Comments (12)

On September 24, 2010 at 7:46 AM , 24yearOldTeEnAgeR said...

Lol. Now this. I like.

 
On September 24, 2010 at 7:57 AM , T.Notes said...

Somebody give me a KIA Picanto and with this unreliable weather/chills and have me stop racing to catch the next 65 every morning and i'd certainly be thankful!!!Hehe! Yemi is a sell-out tho!

 
On September 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM , Ms.O said...

Hahahaha! iLike!

 
On September 24, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Unknown said...

i don't like Picanto
i also don't make fun
of anyone.

Incidentally i like Camry
Its good to thank God for whatever you have anyway!

 
On September 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM , Myne said...

True story indeed, and it's dresses, shoes, bags, houses, children, spouses, everything. Thank God for what I have jare.

 
On September 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM , Nee Fe Mi said...

PREACH!!!!!! how r u dear?

 
On September 24, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Nice Anon said...

So I should be glad that my '95 car is still moving?

 
On September 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM , Rita said...

At the time I was waiting to get a new car, I was joining a friend who drove a KIA Rio. I enjoyed the newness of the car compared to my Corolla 96 model that left me with the mechanic most of each week. I wanted to buy a Rio or Picanto myself as a result if not that I was given more money than I expected.

When we can be appreciative and thankful for the little we have, it wont be long when more/better come our way...

 
On September 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM , Fragilelooks said...

lol. loving this

 
On September 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM , Chic Therapy said...

word!

 
On September 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Miss Natural said...

The moral of the story...be grateful for what you have. We all fail but this helps to remind me the importance of being content. WELCOME BACKKK!

 
On October 8, 2010 at 8:08 PM , Anonymous said...

Mosope temi!!! lol...lovely story


http://temiville.wordpress.com/