The next time a friend of yours irritatingly annoys you,
before you curse her out,
take a moment and thank God.

The next time that obnoxious dude nearly runs you over,
and still yells at you even though you had the right of way?
Take a moment and thank God.

The next time your bank over charges you for silly things,
even though they told you it was a free student checking account,
Take a breath, and give thanks.

The next time your current world crashes around you,
and everything you have built up to that point 
begins to fizzle before your very eyes,
take a moment and Thank Him.

The next time you wonder where all your money went,
even though all you've done is pay bills,
Say a prayer and thank God.

The next time you walk out of your house,
and everything that can go wrong does go wrong,
Stop, take a deep breath and thank God.

The next time you break down,
and the only thing you can do is cry,
cry like your life needed it to survive,
clean your nose, 
(you dont have to clean your eyes
but talking with a runny nose is kinda gross)
And thank God. Out loud.

Why?
Because it is in that moment of thanking Him,
it is in that moment of surrendering to Him,
that He will show himself to you.

The question is, do you want to see Him?

I had a moment today,
and uncharacteristically I thanked Him.
Now? 
I won't stop thanking Him.


xxx
Fabulo-la

Comments (26)

On May 4, 2010 at 12:54 AM , magdaayuk said...

I agree:)

 
On May 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM , Mwajim Al said...

I can only hope to keep thanking HIM... but meeeehhhhnnn its HARD!!! God give us the grace always :) :) :)

 
On May 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM , F said...

I agree with Mwajim Al o... IT IS HARD! But He does work in mysterious ways... Today was an awesome example... May we have the steadfast to keep giving thanks no matter what. This was a nice post to read- pleasant, yet reflective. :)

 
On May 4, 2010 at 3:56 AM , Nutty J. said...

Yes ma'am...

 
On May 4, 2010 at 5:58 AM , Molara Brown said...

Yes ma...but it is hard oh.

 
On May 4, 2010 at 6:22 AM , lani said...

WORD...this came at the right time 4 me

 
On May 4, 2010 at 6:32 AM , Aku$hika said...

Those very moments you feel his presence, are the best times. Your heart is open and his love for you just comes in to fill you up, then you know that all is well.

 
On May 4, 2010 at 6:51 AM , AliceDCL said...

well said

 
On May 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM , Kiite!!! said...

Oh, WORD. I really needed that...Thanks

 
On May 4, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Bubbles said...

aww bless

 
On May 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Abimbola Bamigboye said...

:D i totally agree. even if this would rob me of the silly glee i feel after i've given someone who overtakes me the finger.

Bless

 
On May 4, 2010 at 10:32 AM , Ms.O said...

WOW Fabs..Loves it!

 
On May 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM , Juanita said...

how about you curse first then thank later? That way your sins are forgiven too?
But I agree, it's by His grace..

 
On May 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Rene said...

lol @ juanita.
totally agree

 
On May 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM , Nee Fe Mi said...

Preach it....thanks for sharing honey, you speak the truth

 
On May 4, 2010 at 11:37 AM , shorty said...

Well said!

 
On May 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Rebirth said...

good post.....i will put into practice

 
On May 4, 2010 at 8:00 PM , UIO said...

Such a powerful message.
I'm looking for a job right now and I easily get caught up in asking God to help me get a good job that works with my schedule. But sometimes I forget to just THANK GOD for what he has already done. Because I am truly and extraordinarily blessed! HALLELUJAH and AMEN! MMMMHHH THANK YOU, JESUS!

 
On May 5, 2010 at 3:14 AM , SHE said...

It could be hard.
One needs to try though.

 
On May 5, 2010 at 8:28 AM , ~Sirius~ said...

Crying and talking with a running noes.......i got trophies for that.

Feeling this post........because in the end everything happens for a "good" reason.

 
On May 5, 2010 at 8:28 AM , ~Sirius~ said...

make that "nose"

 
On May 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Unknown said...

Thank God you had a moment
I had a moment too
today
Thank you my Father

 
On May 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Unknown said...

Its so hard!
If I can do all that,
I'd know,then I have no problems in this world and I'm definitely going up to heaven.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog..
Such an honor.

 
On May 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM , Tolulope Popoola said...

Yes, we can't thank God enough. Even in the worst circumstances, there's always a reason to say Thank You God.

I need to say it more :)

 
On May 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Miss Natural said...

I remember when i first read your post i was so touched...and later on I had a moment and I just started thanking God, it was awesome!...thanks for reminding me fabulola :)

 
On May 10, 2010 at 9:19 AM , Isabella said...

Wow.. something really did happen to you.

I love this Fabulola :)

Positive you ..is the beautiful you ..okay Thank God! hehe