You know how some people are afraid of snakes, spiders, heights...? Well for me its different. I didn't quite have a phobia until a few years ago. When I moved-no make that ran-away. And its ironic because the very place I ran away from is where I have chosen to 'spring break'.
Yea, I have florida-phobia. While it may sound funny and heelarious, its a lil more serious than that. When I moved away from here, I swore NEVER to return. Why I decided to come back here, I don't know.
But honestly as I sit here on the beautiful whitesand beach, with my heart constricting in my ribcage causing me to choke as I breathe, with a brave smile on my face all I'm wishing is to go back to snow country New York. Seeing everything again, where I used to live, work, the place I.... The emotions I thought were buried away are threatening to overflow and crush me. I don't want to ruin this for anybody else.
I. Just. Want. To. Go. Home.

Xxx
Fabulo-la
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments (17)

On March 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Myne said...

Awwww sweets, why did you agree to go then? There could be a good side though, maybe you need to be there to get the sting out of the old memories and make new ones? Take care and try to have a nice time.

 
On March 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM , Mwajim Al said...

Yeah, i understand that nostalgic feeling. But look on the bright side, its shades sunnier than snowy big apple right? Funny though cuz i am headed to FL next week too.... cheer up tho!

 
On March 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Nee Fe Mi said...

what Myne said dear...i totally agree, pele...y'll be back to cold NY soon enuff

 
On March 12, 2010 at 2:49 AM , Anonymous said...

It's actually not cold in NY right now spring is in the air. I want to go to Florida enjoy the beach.

 
On March 12, 2010 at 5:59 AM , ~Sirius~ said...

awww.
Good thing is, you are a day closer to your return so....Just hang in there.

 
On March 12, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Harry said...

I wish I was in Florida...

 
On March 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM , Sugarking said...

What's the Phobia about tho?

 
On March 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM , SHE said...

Please bear it.
For the sake of the other(s)...?

 
On March 12, 2010 at 7:53 PM , Midun said...

Hang in there, but while u're there might as well either try to face your fear or enjoy being in FLorida (which im jealous of btw). Take care.

 
On March 13, 2010 at 11:46 AM , kay9 said...

Jump on the nxt plane n fly bk to NY jare! What are u waitin for? Aah, if it was me enh... :D

Talking about phobias, i'm not sure i have one o.

 
On March 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM , BSNC said...

phobia of a state, that is new. Hang in there babe, but you know its not that cold in New york though. its almost spring.

 
On March 14, 2010 at 6:16 AM , Anonymous said...

sometimes we must go back and examine the boogey man to be truly free! Sending positive vibes your way! If you need to talk...you know where to find me. Hugggs darling!

 
On March 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM , chayomao said...

I wish i was in Flo-rida..........
Okay that looks wrong..
FLORIDA....

 
On March 16, 2010 at 9:27 AM , LucidLilith said...

lol Chayoma!
HEY: I know what missing snow is like. I live in Georgia now but i miss midwestern snow. There is nothing as soothing as the perfect four seasons. Nothing.

 
On March 17, 2010 at 9:44 PM , Miss Natural said...

awww fabulola. a little too late my post but I hope that you're ok now. Just be strong, you know running away never solves anythin.

 
On March 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM , Femme Lounge said...

phobia for florida? interesting. wondering what the triggers are.

 
On March 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM , LovePaprika said...

awww try babygurl... continue to be brave.. thats deep tho... first time here... I likey the pic