I roll over and reach over to your side of the bed.
Nothing.
For a split second I sit up in bed panicking....
But then I smell pancakes and I remember. Our only day off together, and you offered to make me breakfast in bed.
Even though you know I will loose it, because everyone knows food is not to be eaten in bed!
I fall back to bed with a smile on my lips, I must be the luckiest girl in the world.

**************************

I wake up 20 minutes later after dozing off.
Where are you? But more importantly, where are my pancakes?
I get out of bed and head to the kitchen, but then I look down and realize..I'm naked. Smiling sheepishly I grab my silk robe. We wouldn't want your visiting brother to see me like this now would we?
With a hop in my step, I skip downstairs to the kitchen.
Babe! I yell. You are not in the kitchen. The TV in the living room is on, but you are not there watching the Lakers get beaten either. Are you washing your car again? I know how much you love that thing.
No. Not there either.
I walk around to the pool.
Maybe you went for a dip? Even though I know you can't swim.
No not there either. Confused I walk back inside. Where are you? Just then I catch a glimpse of the empty 'dodo' tray.
Ah, of course! You went to get more.
I should have known. That's one of the reasons I love you so much. You know just what to do to keep me happy. Even if its just remembering to buy more 'dodo'.

My heart bursting with pride and love, I climb back upstairs to lie down. I slip out of my robe and climb into bed. I will be right here when you get back.

***********************************

Kaboom! Thunder strikes. I wake up soaked. Sweat? No...tears. And I'm cold. You are still not here. I go to the bathroom to blow my nose. I turn on the lights...but wait...
I'm not in your house. I'm in my..cold apartment. Alone. And my eyes are swollen. And I'm wearing your T-shirt. And then it hit me.

I've been dreaming with a broken heart....


xxx
Aloisa
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments (30)

On January 12, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Nice Anon said...

Interesting writeup! Now no body ever tells you that you can't actually sleep with a broken heart because sleep no dey gree come.

Hope you're good chic!

 
On January 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM , Myne said...

Try sleeping with a broken heart ala Alicia Keys. Well written as usual, I hope the guy in yours is not gone gone...as in Un-break my heart by Toni B. My greatest love song.

 
On January 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM , TayneMent said...

nice one madam.

 
On January 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Rene said...

good one.....i kept wondering what the dream was

 
On January 13, 2010 at 5:57 AM , leggy said...

nice write up.

 
On January 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Bubbles said...

oh very nice

 
On January 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Nee Fe Mi said...

awwwwwwwwwww - thats sad, but very nice, very well written

 
On January 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM , shorty said...

Well written.

 
On January 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Harry said...

This is so..sad...You got me...seriously..u did

 
On January 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM , Sugarking said...

Chai, this gist is neat!!!

 
On January 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM , Midun said...

As usual, very well written.

 
On January 13, 2010 at 4:47 PM , Mwajim Al said...

This had me singing "Try sleeping with a broken heart" the whole time reading it. Neat.

 
On January 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM , Unknown said...

I missed you, girl.

I don't mend broken hearts shaa, but i can hlp

 
On January 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM , Tori said...

John Mayer fan, I see. Good one. Waking up is really the hardest part.

 
On January 14, 2010 at 6:04 AM , Mz. Eniola said...

i love!

 
On January 14, 2010 at 6:55 AM , Rose said...

..nice.

I guess waking up is inevitable.

 
On January 14, 2010 at 7:41 AM , The Girl with the Red Hair said...

Nicely written, though sad

 
On January 14, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Imoteda said...

Man.. just read all the way back and I feel like I'm broken.
So much pain. So much I can relate to.

Someday the sun will shine again

 
On January 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM , David.фаворит Бога номер-один said...

great job, babe!!!

 
On January 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM , SHE said...

Yikes!
*deep sigh...*

 
On January 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous said...

Sheet! another one that hit too close to home.

 
On January 18, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Misstarii said...

I relate!

 
On January 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM , Yxclusive said...

Wow.... Nice READ! :)

 
On January 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous said...

:( :( :( triple sad face lol

 
On January 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM , Apinke said...

awwwww, so nicely written, u almost made broken hearts admirable - almost. it'll mend!
happy new year.

 
On January 21, 2010 at 3:05 AM , Chris Ogunlowo said...

wow, you're a fine writer.

 
On January 23, 2010 at 2:04 AM , KT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On January 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM , Blogoratti said...

Reads like a scene from a horror flick...hehe,i kid, i joke. That's some straight from the heart moment right there.
How are you though, stay strong!

 
On January 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM , Random One said...

Fabulo-la!!! How/where are you ohhh? Hope you are keeping well.

 
On February 5, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Miss Natural said...

I thought i commented!! i hate it when my comments disappear! hmm fabulola u are a true writer. it feels so vivid, and thats how i judge my best writers, by their vividity (lol i think i created a new word)