My dear Blogsville
But I have a confession to make.
I am having an affair.
Yes. There I said it.
I am having a passionate steamy affair.
But can you blame me?
The things we have done.
The chocolate, the caramel, the ice?
The DMs back and forth...
Blogsville I am having an affair.



...with Twitter.


It was bound to happen jere.
First it was just to secure the franchise name you know?
Fabulo-la Inc. does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Oh well..what can I say?
Twitter has captured my heart...
But you blogsville are my first love.....

For now anyways.
Or until another John walks into my life.

Yes about John..I AM NOT MAKING ANY MOVES O!
Lool..As much as I am tempted too.
And I can already see our babies..but No.
I am not. He has a girlfriend I hear.

I guess I will just have to wait till Office Christmas party to find out.
or I can just walk by his office until then send me home.
Sigh...
So...I have a date tomorrow.
And I am not looking forward to it.
In fact I have already planned my escape strategy sef.

So..this dude is from St. Lucia (strike 1...I don't like Caribbeans...well not like that)
He has dreads (strikes 2,3.4.5....u get the point)
He has that mix of British and Caribbean accents..not very attractive (strike 6, 7, 8,9)

And then he says things like Exactement!...??? Really? (strike 10)

This is how it happened...

I was walking to class, minding my business
When I see someone trying to get my attention. In a very obnoxious Hummer.
Yes I said it! We are trying to go green, why r u driving a hummer? Just saying.
So anyways...my brother asks for directions, and I begin to give it to him
And then he stops me and goes..

Him: I'm sorry, but Im just so smitten by your looks and your accent. Where are you from?
Me:...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...*blank confused stare* uhhh Im Nigerian??
Him: right...
Me: so anyways...you go..
Him: Im sorry, but whats your name?
Me:...uhh Fabulo-la?
Him: Wow. Im sorry but Im so totally smitten.

*Is he serious???*
At this point people are beginning to horn for him cause he is holding up traffic.

Me: well uhmm..I gotta go.
Him: Oh can u please just hold up one second, lemme just get out of the way..

*uh..really?*
I know I could totally have just walked away, but for some reason I just felt that would be totally rude. And I HATE rude people..so there I am standing, looking very aimless wondering why my mother ingrained in me a disdain for mannerless people.

Dude turns around..comes back and goes...
Him:So Im sorry i just totally forgot the directions you were giving me..
*seriously????*
Me:..uhmm ok 4 stop signs and then make left...
Him: great..well is there anyway I can get your number so i can call you?
Me: I really gotta go.
Him: Come on...You gonna leave a brother hanging?
*Seriously?*
Him: Come on..so whats the number?
Me:917 419 5555. Ok i gotta go.
Him:Great can I give you a ring tonight?
Me: Uhmm no that would be a bad idea.
Him: Tomorrow?
Me: No. That would be a bad idea...I gotta go
Him: Ok Fabulo-la. Saturday then.

This was almost a month ago.
Just to show you how I have been running from said dude.
I am not looking forward to this I tell you.

Comments (16)

On October 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM , Sugarking said...

lol!! eyaa. Just keep an Open mind you never know. Homie might just be d best thing to happen to u.

wait o! am I really first here?? Shizus!!!

 
On October 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM , Lady X said...

LOL haha! I guess it was one of those situations where you felt it would be wrong not to give him the number right? Sometimes when some guys approach you,you feel very happy just telling them to stick it! Give the man a chance now, he might be a nice guy. And maybe you can get him to chop off his dreads hehehe! Does he have a nice body? If he does forget looks mehn! We all need Adewale Akinuoyes! He's my celeb crush you see.

 
On October 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM , Lady X said...

Sugarking no o! You can't take my spot o! We just have to share it. Hehe!

 
On October 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM , kay9 said...

You know, i'm kinda impressed. Seriously. I had you figured for someone who doesn't care anybody thinks of her.... hmmm.

Umm, see, if Mr.Dreads effs up, just gimme a holla - i'll arrange a communion on his arse. Pardon the french. :)

 
On October 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM , kay9 said...

@SugarK and LadyX: You can both share the No.1 spot, no problemo; i'll be No.2.

 
On October 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@SugarKing..hmmm....HMMMMM.

@LAdyX...Nice body? DID u not hear me?
I said he has dreads o!!!
lool

@Kay9...Uh?..What do u mean U figured I was like that? Say gini?
I will be calling u asap. Infact why dont u just follow me on the date sef so we nip this in the bud..lool

 
On October 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Myne said...

You want to dump blogging for tweetville? So not fair! LOL.

As for hummer boy, why didn't you just say no? Hmmm...

 
On October 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Myne..Im not dumping blogsville o! It is just an affair.

For now.

You know it wasn't until afterwards, that I realised..i really should just have said no. Oh well.
this one will haunt me for a while...

 
On October 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM , Anonymous said...

lol...ill give hummer boy one thing...perseverance,please come back and gist us about the date.

 
On October 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM , David.фаворит Бога номер-один said...

lol
fabulo-la...why now?
'tis not fair oh!
think about this...
if you were him that got smitten by you
WWYD?
LMAO!!!

 
On October 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM , Roc said...

Still.. If he ended up getting your number, he must have been doing something right.

Or am I missing something here? :S

 
On October 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@leggy..yes yes he gets points for bravery..but thats it. lol

@Davidnumbaone:...I will keep it moving.

@Roc: but u see thats the thing...I was more concerned with being polite and not appearing rude than I was with whether I wanted to see him again. Dsnt make anysense I know. but Im a female. Such is life.

Meanwhile ROC where have u been???

 
On October 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM , Nice Anon said...

After reading this .. I still wonder? Why give him the number then?

 
On October 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM , Bubbles said...

LMAOO
haha.!
affair with twitter DODO

and yeah have fun at your date
if you need me to kill him
let me know :)

 
On October 10, 2009 at 1:32 AM , Rene said...

lmao
jus gist me bout the date sha.

 
On October 10, 2009 at 1:43 AM , ~B~ said...

lol, I agree with ROC, dude was def doin sumn ryt, I mean wat happend t politely declinin hmm?? ;);)

but seriously thow "smitten"?? smh