From here.

Just as I say that, the bar/cafe/coffee shop fades, and I'm in a classroom.
The hell? I don't remember paying for summer classes biko?
And then the professor walks in carrying a ...I'm squinting to read..
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics textbook. Say what??
I thought I took this class years ago?
Just as I'm thinking that, this skinny girl walks in. She is carrying a lot of attitude on her along with those books.
All I can see on her is her legs. She looks like one of those efico girls,
that would rather sit at home on a Thursday night studying ahead of time for the incase quizzes we might have, rather than enjoying a discount movie night with the rest of the crew.
She pushes walks by me to the seat next to me.
She looks African. That nose…Very Igbo if I may say so.
“Hi”
See the side-eye she gave me?
“Hello”. Loaded with a lot of attitude.
Ookay! Well we are probably going to work together anyways, seeing as we were the only black people in the class. So I will let her be for now.
One white boy was kicking her chair and she was definitely not finding it funny.
I was laughing though. If you ask me, I think the boy liked her and she was clearly irritated.
I think he just asked her to tutor him.
Ha ha! How cute.
“Seriously? I have better things to do.”
Shoo? Did she just diss him? Whoa ok?
So I ask her, lets see if she will give me yawa too.
“I need help in this class, would you help me?”
She first looked me up and down and up again.
The way those Yoruba women do in the movies.
Is it that serious?
“Ok. Fine. Give me your email address, and we can work something out.”
Whoa! I have to make an appointment? This one don pass efico o!

And then the lecture starts….
“Today we are going to be pondering on this journey called life…”
Uh? Say what? I thought I was in an engineering class?
I look around. It seems to be some kind of… seminar?
I’m wearing…a suit, with killer pumps. Wow! Where am I?
Wait I have .. a briefcase?
Ok, this must be a pretty important seminar. I look around again.
Everybody here looks kinda .. important? Like business executives?
What is this? A motivational seminar?
I have to ask. I turn to the person next to me,
“I’m sorry to bother you, but where exactly are we?”
He looks at me like I’m psycho.
“You are at one of the series of seminars held by the world renowned speaker Danny B. Are you ok Miss?”
"Danny B? As in Bagucci Danny?"
He raises his eyebrows,
“Uh yeah?”
Ok, Gaylord. I was just asking.
But seriously? Danny B? I have got to see and hear this up close.
“Thanks” I say to the annoyed gay guy.
I get up from my seat and head all the way to the front. Uh, yes I did.
I slide into a seat in the second row. The girl next to me does not look very happy.
Oh whatever. She will be alright. At leat I did not step on her. Then she will know.
Just as I take a seat, Danny catches my eye. OMG! Does he know?
“You find your seat ok Miss?”
OMG did he just TALK to me?
“Uh..yah Im good thanks.” I am blushing???
And he continues…
“Where was I? Oh yea.. A journey is an evolution of an idea from a crude, undeveloped state to a more refined one. Sometimes it is deterministic….”
Hmm..he is almost like I imagined him.
About 5’ 11 maybe. Really dark. Well not Akon dark, but almost there.
He doesn’t look that old, but that goatee looks like it was intentional. He has the face of a young-er man, but in his eyes you can see the years of wisdom imprinted in them.
That suit. Definitely tailor made. And the shoes. Wow he looks good sha.
I'm not sure what I was expecting.
“Occasionally the vehicle takes on a life of its own…”
I have to get in to the mingling session after this. I wonder if there is one?
This is definitely somebody I need to know.
Just as I raise my hands to signal an usher over..

He comes over, but… what is he wearing? Jeans and a muscle shirt? Where am I?
Just then I hear..
“…ladies and gentlemen please give it up for EVANESCENCE”
Oh shit oh shit OH SHIT!!! OMG OMG OMG
How did I get here? Oh forget that! I’m in the FOURTH row!!!!
I jump on my feet, and that is when I notice I'm not in a suit anymore.
I'm in those killer jeans I tried on at that store that is totally out of my price range.
I'm wearing a Balmain jacket with a white tank underneath, and I have Barbara Bui shoes on. Say what??
And that is when I see it. Around my neck.
“Press Pass
Vogue Africa
Fabulo-la”
Oh freaking sheeeeeeeet! I work for Vogue???
I am over the moon at this point. I barely had time to think, when the band started playing one of my best-est songs ever.
“Now I will tell you what I’ve done for you..”
That was when I spotted him. He was hard to miss. We were the only black people with seats so close to the stage.
He looked about 6’1’’. Nice jeans, and wait, is that a biker jacket? Oh shoot!
On my to do list before I’m 30- take a ride on the back of a motorcycle behind a foine looking man.
Check, check check.
Did he just look over here? I think he did. I got a better look.
Nice curly hair, shaped sideburns. Nice teeth. He looks yoruba. Hmmm.
A 'Seun' or 'Olu' maybe...
Oh wow. I squint to get a look at what his press pass says..
Oh wow! Is that really him???



Take a wild guess...
xxx
Fabulo-la

Comments (32)

On July 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM , Lady X said...

First!
Ahhhhhh!!
I SO love this!! Very creative!!!
5 stars!
I wonder who the biker jacket guy is tho...

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM , Anonymous said...

kaaa...im first!!now let me go read!

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:53 AM , Anonymous said...

okay...u got that right..ha haha..but the mistake..i would never consider tutoring u..i nver tutor peeps and i hate getting tutored...i hate reading with people!!!
lol..but im not really a bitch...

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous said...

nice dream though!i love how eu did everything.

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous said...

so is this considered spamming?

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous said...

cos that is not really wat i intended to do..u know?

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous said...

hmmm...ok oh..i don dey go.

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:57 AM , busybee said...

lol!
the dream seems very real, with all the details
so who was the guy??
whats with everyone and akon's complexion these days?

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM , busybee said...

what???? i was almost 2nd! leggy!!!!!!!1

 
On July 28, 2009 at 2:14 AM , Lady X said...

What yall talking about!
I'M first!
hahaha

 
On July 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM , Sassy Trends said...

lol...the efico gurl na something else sha...
Moi just dey lafff...hahahhhahaahha

 
On July 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM , Blogoratti said...

Another dream eh...?
Nice!

 
On July 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM , Bubbles said...

LEGGY.!!!
dodo babe loool
I like the dream
I like that you have a great fashion sense in your dream
nice nice.!
xx

 
On July 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM , Rene said...

I know everyone you spoke about but who is the last guy.....I can't guess

 
On July 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM , tunrayo said...

seriously, who is the guy? too curious.

 
On July 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous said...

on a totally different note nd post..just read ur reply to my last comment on ur last post and u said 'the other ones nko?'
wat do u mean exactly?those girls have not even graduated university and ts even only that rita girl who cant speak english among them..by the time she fails many times nd gets rusticated or graduates wt a thrid class(which basically means u failed)...that means that they r not a product of a nigerian university..ts only wen they actually graduate that they become a product and mind u..english is not our primary language in nigeria..so u cant compare their english wt that of americans and u r trying to tell me everystudent in an american universtiy is smart?mehn u should com to my classes.

as for the others nko?arent they tot by the same people?if they dont want to be useful and learn how is it the lecturers business or the people hu actually worked hard business?

 
On July 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Lady X: Thanks thanks thanks...U r supposed to guess who he might be..lol

@Leggy: not really a bitch?...lol Imagine how much of a bitch u would have been if u said no to me?
LOL!

@Arewa:Honestly, waking up and having to go to my real job was a bummer. lol And dark guys r segzy naa...lol

@Sassy: LOOOL she is isnt she? E remain small she for fight me! lmao!

@B'ratti: It doesn't seem to end...lol

@Bubbles: LOOL At least if I cant buy it, I can dream eh? LOOOL

@Renesugarplum (I love calling u that): try try try..though I dont think I got him too well though...lol

@Tunrayo: Try and guess naa!
LOL

@ leggy again: Ok I will have to read that again and get back to u...lol

 
On July 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better I would be scared you had seen me in reality......Nice dream!

Any plans to take that bike ride yet? LOL

 
On July 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM , Roc said...

So does your dress sense in your dream transcend to reality as well??

 
On July 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@DannyB: LOOL! Mehn I dont mean to be so accurate. Blame my over active imagination! lol
Im still waiting o..abi u av an offer for me?
:)

@Roc: ha ha! No u didnt!
Well considering I cannot exactly afford Balmain or Barbara Bui..I do my best...lol

 
On July 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM , Repressed One said...

omo your dream is very vivid oh...interesting stuvvs

lol@ Bagucci

 
On July 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM , Elusivebabe said...

Part 2....finally! Loool @ leggys bit. I want those shoess. Im not even sure if he is Yoruba but is the guy Rocnaija??

x

 
On July 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@RepressedOne: Blame my imagination. Lol

@ElusiveBabe: ....u r d only one that guessed...he he he..maybe...
xxx

 
On July 29, 2009 at 7:15 AM , Rene said...

Okay! I might need more clues....
I don't mind Renesugarplum

 
On July 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM , Original Mgbeke said...

LOL. Very interesting dream...I can't even try to guess who the last person is. *Brainstorms on the male bloggers*

 
On July 30, 2009 at 11:55 AM , The Girl with the Red Hair said...

interesting dream.............................

 
On July 30, 2009 at 6:44 PM , miss.fab said...

i know who the last person is!!!! hehehehe
but for real babe this one takes the cake... very well written. i like a lot!

 
On July 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM , Nice Anon said...

It is creepy how you remember everything so well. Are you sure you aren't so vivid as you are with the steps to your house? lol *underline yabbing*

 
On July 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM , marilyn said...

ME LIKEY.HOPE YOU DRESS THIS SHARPLY?is he nigerian?when would you finish the post?am waiting.

 
On July 31, 2009 at 7:46 AM , Splash said...

the shoes got my mouth watering! literally! sharp!
this your dream is fab. u waka well well. lol
you sure do know the guy ;-)

 
On July 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM , *Diane* said...

lol. i like your dream. and i NEVER remember any of my dreams...and u have all this details...

 
On August 2, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Anonymous said...

Lol..that was so cool to read I felt like I was in the class with you, watching the babe come in and all..haha. Very naiz. Chill is this a real dream..ok before I ask stupid question lemme go and read part 1.