...as I recall it.

The day I met my fellow bloggers.
Well some of them.

*Disclaimer: This dream is just that a dream. Any resemblance to anyone real or fake is highly coincidental biko. If I described you on point. Oh well, you are just predictable ni yen.*
With that, enjoy reading!

I was sweeping my apartment with my Lagos imported igbale, counting the tiles as I went along trying very hard to suppress my anger at my messy roommates. I was wondering why I couldn't just be like everyone else and YELL at these babes.
Just as I was thinking that, in walks this caramel complexioned girl.
About my height, she had pretty eyes, smooth skin, white gapless teeth not chubby at all, with her hair bumped into a ponytail. She had pretty long hair too. She had on a knee length white summer cotton dress, that just made me hate her d more.
She wasn't fat or thick, but mehn! The backside on that chick! Ewoooooo!
How is that even physically possible?! I stared like a manner less goat, while at the same time making a mental note to ask God why he chose to give some the excess that should have been mine!

"Biko! What are you staring at?" She bellowed at me. I didnt have to guess. This could only be..
"Nice Anon?" I asked.
"Ehen? Whay are you looking at me as if you seen a ghost?"
"No o! I'm just.."
"You are just what? Anyways, where are those your useless roomates nne?"
"Uh?" I stammered.
"My what?"
"Your roommates biko! Abi you don't remember asking me to come and show you how to talk some sense into them? "
"I did?"
"Ah see this girl o! Nne, yes you did biko, and you also mentioned that Ibo boy would be stopping by again. I wanted to be here to laugh in person and enjoy it firsthand." I blinked wondering how she knew all of this.
"Nne, you really dont remeber?" I shook my head like a little puppy
"You are certainly crazier than you let on."
With that she let herself into my fridge...
"Bia you don't have anything to eat in this house?"
"Well, no that would mean me going to the grocery store. You know how that makes me nervous."
"You certainly are very crazy." All this while, Im standing with my igbale in mid-sweep and I'm wondering, how the hell did she find me?

*************************************************************************

With that my living room fades, and all of a sudden I'm in this bar?
No. Cafe maybe? Like a quaint coffee shop. With a live band? No. A comedy show? No.
It looks like poetry reading of some sort. Oh cool. I didn't know they had these in this town. The host introduces some guy on stage, saying he is 'the next best thing in poetry'.
Right, I think to myself. His poetry better be on point then.
Lots of applause. This guy must be very good. How come I've never heard of him before?
In walks this guy. Tall, about 6' 2" maybe? Dark. Hmm not bad, I think to myself. He has the goatee-thing going on. Nice pressed slacks, with an argyle sweater on, and one of those kangol-looking hats on pulled to the side. Hmmm. The lips on him.....
And then he starts.
"I
see you..
Do you..
see me too?"
And I'm thinking to myself, where have I heard that before? But Im too distracted by his voice. Very melodious, lyrical almost. Like he is singing...

"I've been watching you
Have you been watching me too?"

Ok hmm..the way this dude is staring intently, you would think he was talking to me.

"Nothing lasts forever
But I'll still be here where you left me"

Gademit! The lyrics on this dude...why is he looking at me like he knows me?
Dude doesnt know his lyrics are already making me sweat eh biko?
And then he goes...

"I am
Asleep
But my mind
Is awake to you.."

OH. MY. GOD. I know those lyrics! It can't be...
I catch his eye, and it is like he knows, that I know.

"If I weep,
Its my heart trying to reach for you"

Oh lord, you already gave me a man, why are you allowing this man to do this to me ehn?

"As I live,
My heart is in tune with you"

I close my eyes. I can't take this anymore. I am sweating now. Through my eyes.

"If you leave...
I'd be lost...
Lost without you"

I start to cry. I think I have just come across one of the greatest poets in my generation.
This man has made me cry in places I didn't know I could.
I lift my eyes to the sky. God why didnt you give me a man like this ehn?

*******************************************************************

Just as I say that, the bar/cafe/coffee shop fades, and I'm in a classroom.
The hell? I don't remember paying for summer classes biko.
And then the professor walks in carrying a ...I'm squinting to read..
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics textbook. Say what??
I thought I took this class years ago?
Just as I'm thinking that, this skinny girl walks in. She is carrying a lot of attitude on her along with those books.
All I can see on her is her legs........

To be continued.

Comments (15)

On July 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM , Mz. Eniola said...

FIRRSTTT!yay me lol

 
On July 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM , Alter Ego said...

Long legs + lips on a chap + Chemical Engineering in one dream? That definitely beats me!

 
On July 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM , Elusivebabe said...

Haha...I liked a lot! Blogoratti just gotta love him...lol. Babe you can write oh. Impatiently waiting for part 2.

 
On July 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Roc said...

Hmm... So was this like a real dream??

As in you actually slept and your mind did this to you??!!

 
On July 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Nice Anon said...

Ha ha hahahahahahaah. I love love this! LOL are you freaking kidding me? Sounds like something I would do honestly.

 
On July 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM , Rene said...

I waiting for part two o!
I love....fab!
lol @ leggy's description

 
On July 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Mz. Eniola..Yes you are

@Badosky: As in it was too much I tell you..lol

@Elusive: you kow?

@Roc: Yes Roc. my mind did this to me.

@Nice: lol. I swear so was I close with the description??
lol

 
On July 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Rene: lol! its coming o!
lol

 
On July 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM , Anonymous said...

lol..na wa oh..lol...with a lot of attitude?definitely!!

 
On July 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM , Yinkuslolo said...

something do u, like for reals! nice anon's encounter is smth believeable

 
On July 13, 2009 at 3:37 AM , Anonymous said...

dream on......norrin do you!

 
On July 13, 2009 at 8:22 AM , Original Mgbeke said...

Loves this! Hahahaha, why do I picture Nicey m doing something like that too?
Blogoratti seemed on point but I get the feeling that he is more like 5'8 than 6'2? Dunno why sha!
Leggy seemed accurate too.

Nice one...

 
On July 14, 2009 at 4:21 AM , Blogoratti said...

*takes a peep...*
And comes right back to...y'all been talking about me uhn,mehn i missed the party.

First all,Fabulo-la i apologize for not seeing this on time-you just blew me away :)
That was some dream..

-Elusivebabe,awww i'm loving you back ;)

-Original Mgbeke,did you just call me 5'8? lol.
Nah way higher than that.

 
On July 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Leggy: Na real wa!
lol

@Yinkus: Sth do me ke? lol But why?

@DannyB: Im coming to you in a bit..lol

@OM:5'8" ke? Do you see th way he writes?
lol No 5'8" guy can write like that o!..well except maybe....
lol

@Blogoratti: Took you long enough! lol :) SO how tall r u really?



*Thanks for stopping by guys!*

 
On July 15, 2009 at 11:50 AM , .. said...

LOL...Lovely description of your dream..