So. I was in NY for the weekend. Was a very eventful weekend. I got new shoes, new hair and correct insults. So my friend, Kikiana, and I came across one store like this in Harlem that was doing CORRECT clearance sale. Now when I say correct, I mean CORRECT.
Everything was on sale for $50. I'm talking LAMB, Giuseppe, CORRECT CORRECT shoes! No be Bakers shoes o! Shoes I have no business buying on a normal day. Thank God for sale. So we walked into the store, there were 4 other women there buying shoes. We tried shoes on. FOR $50!!!

I bought those ones in the picture, my friend bought a pair of LAMB shoes and Giuseppes for her sisters since she didn't find her size. Again, for $50!!! Who no go buy? Anyways, so we saunter out of the store with our 'steals'. We even went back the next day when her sisters came in, but the prices had gone back up.
So we sha went back about our business, nails, hair.....

Somewhere in-between, I decided to get money from the atm. What did I see? They had charged me DOUBLE! Biko! What business do I have buying $100 shoes??? Do you know how long it takes me to make that???? Shoo!
My friend checked her account, and she had been charged and extra $50 too.

I called the store quick quick make them return my money abeg! Or if them no gree, them fit collect their shoe back. Na so the girl come call me back say make I folo her oga talk. Say wetin??

So I called the oga. The oga com de yan beans that her shoes are never on sale for $50. That all the announcements she put on facebook and twitter and bla bla bla.
Biko? How that one com consign me?
She come talk say she go check her survelliance video.
Eewo! See me see trouble! Did she just use style to call me a liar and a thief??
So we carried ourselves and our shoes back to her store. When we got there, this woman was ready for fight.

"So, you must be the girls that said you bought shoes for $50? You have your receipts? My security guy is on his way."
"Oh yah. Nice to meet you, I'm Fabulo-la".
See us still doing polite polite.
Na so she come start.
"......sth sth sth BITCH BITCH ghetto bitches tryna scam me..."
Shoo?
"Nothing in this store was ever $50! I do not sell my shoes for $50! I know about all you ghetto bitches tryna scam me."

Say whaa??? Trust Kikiana. Ibo gel. She just siddon for chair.
She asked the sales girl to commot from back make she come talk wetin happen now abi?
The woman went on..

"Bitch leave her out of this. She has nothing to do with this!"
"...sth sth sth..get the fuck out of my store or I would throw you out myself BITCH.."
Ibogel: Just touch me, you will know what the inside of a jail cell looks like.
"Get the fuck out before I call the cops"
Ibogel: Abeg Fabulo-la, 911. This woman doesn't know anything.

At this point, agidi don pass agidi and it had become a shouting match between the I'm-not-ghetto-fabulous akata woman and the ever-so-ready Ibo gel.
Me? Me I no de fight o! I no like fight o! I just cross my hand for one corner just de look with my eyes bulging out. I look like person wey go de scam a whole boutique on top shoe? My counterparts are scamming banks, me I will be scamming boutique? Na wa o!

After shouting shouting she went to get $50 in cash and shoved it our faces.
*Blank stares* I now come ask am,
"Is there a way you can put this back on our cards without giving us cash?"
"Bitch I gave you the $50, what the fuck do you want? Take the money and get the fuck out of my store!" And she started again...
Na wa o! Shooo??

Anyways, the woman's friend that was there sha stepped in, apologised on behalf of her friend and bla bla bla. Apparently, her cash register does not do refunds.
Would it have killed her to say that?
Ha! Na she sabi. Those shoes look hot on me jere...
I got my hot shoes and my $50 and sashayed out of there.

Apparently the thing pain Kikiana more than it pained me. On monday morning, she emailed some woman at ybf telling her about it, cause apparently they did a scoop on her sometime in May. So if you see any videos on theybf.com with 2 weird looking girls fighting over shoes, fear not its just Fabulo-la attempting to conquer her fear of cameras. LOL

And that my friends, is the story of the bitch-shoes.

Comments (33)

On July 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM , Yinkuslolo said...

see scene!! when u said the shoes were $50, honestly, i was like $50 is not even sale-price to e

 
On July 22, 2009 at 7:29 PM , =♥...IamShhh...♥= said...

na wa ohh..
the shoes are pretty hot though! love 'em!

 
On July 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Yinkus: U better begin to layaway. No wait till when ur back starts to pain u from all those $25 shoes.lol

@...IamShh..: Na real wa!

 
On July 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM , lala said...

those shoes are hawt! that store owner has serious issues

 
On July 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Miss Fizzy said...

Gaddamn... the shoes are fabulous but I would probably have helped the woman call the police sef, let her explain how they lied and scammed peeps. Nonsense. Some people just have no respect SMH

 
On July 22, 2009 at 9:50 PM , nameless said...

i loveee the shoes!!
xx

 
On July 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM , Kate said...

LMAO....as proper ibogel meself..i'd be so down for a faceoff too..especially for shoes! Isn't it against the law to overcharge someone for something after stating the selling price? this is why i pay cash!!! Shoes are hot tho!! i want!

 
On July 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM , Anonymous said...

lmao...as i was reading it the thing was also paining me oh..lol.
trust us igbo girls...money no dey pass us for nothing oh..lol

 
On July 23, 2009 at 5:00 AM , downtheaisle said...

but these shoes r fine o! forgerrit!

 
On July 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM , Repressed One said...

lol oh wow!! the store owner was really professional wasn't she? That's a scene i woulda loved to see sha lol...igbo babe vs ghetto store owner...hilarity.

good thing you checked ur account almost immediately...

shoes are hawt!!

 
On July 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM , tunrayo said...

these shoes are too mad! that woman has some anger management issues u for dial the 911. lol!

 
On July 23, 2009 at 12:45 PM , Anonymous said...

lolololol!!! daaang! but the shoes are hot sha!

 
On July 23, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Bubbles said...

LMAO
first time on here
and I love it
haha.!
but the shoes are mad hot doe.!

 
On July 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Bubbles: Welcome. :)

@kmplx: Abi?

@RepressedOne: As in? Shey that is how she was to move up in the business world? mchew!

@Tunrayo: mehn...me I de fear o...me wey get clean record. lol

@downtheaisle: I know right?

@leggy: foreal! I swear I wish I had some of that Ibo blood in me! LOL!

@Kate: It is! F R A U D! No mind that woman. Imagine if we called the bank to report it? lol after collecting our money too. lol

@Nameless:Thank you jere.

@MissFizzy: Serious Ingredience!..lol

@mizlola: U shud see them on me. :)

 
On July 24, 2009 at 3:44 AM , Maiya said...

LMAO
When Naija girl vex the pidgin just comes out of nowhere. Your Ibo friend is serious oh. More grease to her elbows jo. Those akata people chop craze too much.

BTW-I love those shoes

 
On July 24, 2009 at 8:06 AM , Roc said...

Still sounded like a good deal though..
Next time just pay cash..
No story..

 
On July 25, 2009 at 1:42 AM , Original Mgbeke said...

Ok, I was about to come up in here and express how JEALOUS I AM. Are you kidding? Them Green shoes and the L.A.M.B shoes are the hotness!
Then I read the story and cracked up! Wow but on the real, you kept your cool. Are you kidding me? Unprofessional Ghetto Superstar, i swear she would have seen Igbo craze that day. Stupid broad!
Well in the end you got your fab shoes! Rock 'em well my sister.

 
On July 25, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous said...

Hmm.. Wetin shoe go cause for this world ehn? LOL... IboGel -- Nothin' do u o!

 
On July 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM , Fabulo-la said...

@LITGZ: Foreal Nothin do am!

@OM: Be jealous o! Be ferry ferry jealous! One pesin has too be levelheaded naa? lol

@Roc: Def was a good deal o! I no go lie!

@Maiya: E reamain small make I break into Yoruba!
LOL

 
On July 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM , Elusivebabe said...

Loool. Oles...what nonsense! I love your ibo friend mehn. Only God knows what I would do in a similar kind of situation cause me I cant fight or shout..lol. The shoes are on point!

x

 
On July 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM , Nice Anon said...

Thank God dem no break your head. LOL
Your girl is bold o! Shoes look nice. I love the color Green as well.

Please remove this word verification thing!

 
On July 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM , Rene said...

lmfao....i love the shoes n it's green again.
At least you got your shoe and your money...lol

 
On July 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM , Tinu said...

thoseee shoes HOOOOTTTTT!!$50!!!KAIIIII
THAT woman was soo rude!

 
On July 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Tinu: lol I know right? lol

@Rene: I did o! Thank goodness!

@Nice: break my head ke?? lol. Biko no o!
And thot I removed it before. Sorry. all taken care of.

@Elusive:Me neither o! To say I was afraid is an understatement.
lool!

 
On July 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM , Nice Anon said...

See how you mouth is running now. I bet when push came to shove you were on the sidelines telling everyone involved to calm down. LOL I dey find your trouble abi?

 
On July 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM , Fabulo-la said...

LOOOOOOOOL! O. M. G. it seems Ibo gels are the same everywhere!
Wo, I wont even lie, I almost started crying dia o!
Me I no like fight biko!
LOOL. Forget pushing and shoving..I no de dere o!
LOOL!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM , Miss Enigma said...

Lmao...how did I miss this gist,scratch dat....hot gist!!!!

OMD!!! My school is close to Harlem u kno...lol. Wow, maybe the woman is suffering from amnesia...lol. Glad u got ur money back!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM , Miss Enigma said...

PS: Where did u get ur hair? And is it gud? cos sumtyms those people can lyk to do 419.

 
On July 26, 2009 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous said...

this was aaaaaamazingggggggg. im surpised i got past the accent. lmaoo u got what u wanted though. nice title! excellent

 
On July 26, 2009 at 6:52 PM , Fabulo-la said...

@Undercover07: Yes o! Thank God!

@Charlei: I know o! i got my shoes and my $50 back. lol

 
On July 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM , Splash said...

Chukwu!

talk about fighting for your rights!
laugh wan kill me.
in this recession she wants to double deal? igbo girls? i should have been there. lol!!!

loved the read.

 
On July 27, 2009 at 9:55 PM , miss.fab said...

lmao!!!! madness! the woman is mad!!! she tried to scam nigerian girls, ode like her. hahahahaha lmao. please where's the place abeg i just might be paying it a visit this weekend and getting my $50 giuseppes... lololol

 
On July 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM , doll (retired blogger) said...

bitch shoes indeed...so these kind of poor customer service can happen out of naija...what happened to the whole te customer is king thingy..

anyways for all its worth the shoes r nice sha....but am still peeved at the bitchy shop owner