'Im sorry I'm late but I'm hungry'
were his words as he stood at my door
sweat glistening on his chocolate body
even though the sun was long gone.

How could I resist those eyes? Or that smile?
For what seemed like forever, we stood there
the chemistry so strong, it sent electrical charges to my brain
causing my pulse to quicken so fast, I had to gasp to catch up.

He pleaded with his eyes for me to let him in
Little did he know I was already calculating
what food to give him that will ensure
the shortest route from his stomach to his heart.

As I placed the bowl of steaming amala and ewedu
in front of him, his lips mouthed the words 'thank you'
Though I couldn't really hear cause I was imagining what
those lips would feel like. On my skin.

Cause you see, they'd been there before.
Soft lips, that caused my body to convulse every time he kissed me.
Soft lips that temporarily caused amnesia when they touched mine.
Soft lips that were a breath away, yet so far.

I watched as he ate wondering what had gotten him
so hungry that he would wolf down such a heavy meal
at such an odd hour, and how did I even find the
strength to turn this amala this night?

After he was done eating he smiled a warm smile
and said 'Thank you' and in what seemed like slow motion
He got up and kissed me on the cheek.
The cartwheels in my stomach were going at 220mph.

But it wasnt really slow motion
And he didnt really kiss my cheek
But what he said was,
'Thanks I gotta get back to my girlfriends house'.




Fiction. Or is it? I wonder...
xxx
Fabulo-la

Comments (28)

On April 9, 2010 at 1:05 AM , ~B~ said...

oooh hell naaaaw!!

Can u imagine?!

This better b fiction oh fabulo-la

Y wuld u b tempting me with ur glistenin body nd soft lips only t tell me u're goin bak t someones bed?! arrrgghh! *tearin hair*

 
On April 9, 2010 at 1:55 AM , TayneMent said...

So many people's reality. And it's amazing how active we ladies' imaginations are. lol

 
On April 9, 2010 at 1:58 AM , leggy said...

lol..it better be fiction.so for my house you dey come refresh after doing whatever with your girlfriend?yeah right.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 2:14 AM , Beautiful said...

ouch....dat would hurt if it isn't fiction o...hmmm men sef!

 
On April 9, 2010 at 3:01 AM , Isabella said...

This is definitely fiction only because you don't know how to cool amala and edwedu! heheheeh

On a serious note though, what nonsense!

 
On April 9, 2010 at 3:16 AM , shorty said...

This should better be a fiction o!

 
On April 9, 2010 at 4:35 AM , Nutty J. said...

Wicked!!

Darn gal dont do that to us...look at me thinking it led to hot passionate sex with full blown earth shattering orgasm

Wicked...either fiction or real life.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM , Harry said...

Pls...let dis b fiction...

 
On April 9, 2010 at 6:58 AM , Fluffycutething said...

He would so vomit that amala....

 
On April 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Miss Natural said...

lol fluffycutething lol lol...thats deep, really deep. thats how people take advantage of others emotions. Fabulola now stop keeping us in the dark, which part was real and which was fiction. Again I love your writing.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Nee Fe Mi said...

o hell to the freak no,....it wanna be fiction die

Cue in M.I"s somebody wants to die...

 
On April 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM , The Girl with the Red Hair said...

This had better be fiction, why didn't he go to the girlfriend's house to eat.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM , kay9 said...

**smh, smiling...** cant say i didnt see that coming.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Jennifer A. said...

Oh no...he had a girlfriend. I like the sudden knowledge at the end.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM , Ms.O said...

OMG!!!! hahahaha! Sorry i find it funny! Hope its fiction

 
On April 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM , Anonymous said...

LOL I love this line:
Soft lips that temporarily caused amnesia when they touched mine.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM , KT said...

Ouch!
Pele.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM , Spesh said...

NO! I really was hoping the kiss was real :-)))

 
On April 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM , Rene said...

i`m going to seat on the fence and say faction

 
On April 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM , Nice Anon said...

lol and then off he went.

 
On April 10, 2010 at 2:51 AM , ~Sirius~ said...

LOL! Nan-Sense! Wo. He had better eat his girlfriend next time, what rubbish. *hiss......I sure hope it's fiction.

 
On April 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Lady X said...

Please let it be fiction! Talk about eating his cake and having it. Eating good food at your place and then running to his girlfriend's house. Abeg he should tell her to cook it for him then.

 
On April 10, 2010 at 3:07 PM , Nic Asinugo said...

After he ate your sweet food? Next time- give him indomie 2 minute noodles. haha, hope its fiction. You right beautifully.

 
On April 11, 2010 at 5:02 AM , Sugarking said...

Jeeezzz!!! Fiction or no, this is how I want to write!!!! The build-up to the climax is just wicked!!! This is just too much for me!!! Nice one!

 
On April 11, 2010 at 1:53 PM , sosexy said...

It had better be fiction else I'd slap his mouth!Imagine!He has seen cook abi?
Nice post..

 
On April 12, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Unknown said...

This better be fiction
Why would you let a guy treat you like this?

You are not even a booty call
He's treating you like an F.O.C (free of charge) mamaput

You are worth more than this.

(this must be a joke)

 
On April 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM , Ms Olaf said...

If its not fiction... kindly SMACK yourself across the face for such arrant nonsense!!!!!!!.

So you now wasnt to become Mama Put se?

He better come and wash his plate o!!!

Heiisss Mister.. comeback and wash your plate!!!

 
On April 14, 2010 at 5:19 AM , AliceDCL said...

Oh
fabulola
this writing was totally on point
i loved it
i hope its fiction oh