I like you
I like us.
but I've come to realise
I like me more.

I know we would be great together
but honestly,
I'm great with me right now.

This is not an 'independent' rant
but rather a 'my new best friend is me' kinda discovery
You know that woman you saw in me?
The strong, defiant, woman
You are convinced would make a good wife?
Well, I'm still getting to know her.
And for right now, she needs all my attention.

I'm not out to hurt you
Im not looking to replace you either.
But to give myself to you right now
Would only be making us both miserable.

Like I said,
its not that I dont like you
Its just that..
Well, I like me more.


Today I met another fine boy
*sighs....*
Cute, shy, white boy.
Wednesday, Fabulo-la will make her move.
I kid you not.
All my flirting techniques will be put to use Wednesday.
I can't wait!
I know what you are thinking,
The engineer and the spartan nko?
Well, what can I say?
They are boring me jo.

Finally saw District 9.
Me I don't know what all the fuss is about.
I will not bore you will all the parallel themes and plots I thought were amazing,
But frankly the movie was that good.
I enjoyed it. Tremendously.
I'm not sure what all the noise is about.
Jus' saying.

School is a BEEYATCH!
But I love it.
I was reminded of how much older than the rest of my class I am today.
3 years older than the average American college senior.
I know its not a big deal.
But I can hear what they are really not saying...
Its been humbling actually.
But sometimes....
To be reminded that your own mates are done with their 2 degrees
And I'm still working on my first.
Sometimes it doesn't bother me
Other times...
Its a completely different story.
But they say
It's not how you start, its how you finish ei?
I certainly hope so.


How is everybody doing?

xxx
Fabulo-la


"I ... trudge this earth...seeking salvation from a marauding death" - DannyB











Comments (26)

On September 22, 2009 at 3:28 AM , NaijaBabe said...

You will sail through. They say its how well you finish.

White boy huh? Dont hoard gist o

 
On September 22, 2009 at 6:15 AM , Ms. 'dufa said...

Yeah, sometimes you just need your "me" time. After all the noise about District 9, I really want to watch the movie.

Just finish well babe

 
On September 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM , Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the age thing, it's how you finish.


Sometimes , we should not make excuses for being selfish, we deserve it

 
On September 22, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Unknown said...

and being happy and content
believe me
finishing first is over-rated
finishing good is best...

 
On September 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM , Anonymous said...

hmmm... i think NoLimit's yarn on Vera's happily single talk show summarises the best points of what I want to say on this..

Bottom line, knowing yourself is critical.... before the complications that someone else will bring..

 
On September 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM , Bubbles said...

yes you better love yourself more
that's the way lol
you are still a dodo sha.!

ugh white boys are mad clingy
goodluck with that hunny :):)

 
On September 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM , velvet said...

Sometimes i just need my me time..its important once in a while..

Its certainly how you finish . . I do hope so

 
On September 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Myne said...

Just do you my dear but that shy white boy? Emmm..

 
On September 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous said...

nice writeup.
i think the noise about the film is the bad potrayal of nigerians as savages...it was even banned from theaters in nigeria.

 
On September 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM , Rene said...

great.
it really bout how u finish.

 
On September 22, 2009 at 5:37 PM , ~Sirius~ said...

Awwww, take all the me time ypu need.
Self discovery is really fantastic, it gives you a clearer picture of how you view life.

And yes dear, it's how well.

 
On September 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM , Lady X said...

That movie was nice but ahn ahn now! The way they kept saying 'The Nigerians' was too much LOL!
I like this white boy too o! LOL SO cute!!!

 
On September 22, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Lyrics said...

Shy white guy. Today is wednesday oya! Maturity is a plus. It keeps you focused. Be good

 
On September 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM , Lyrics said...

Shy white guy. Today is wednesday oya! Maturity is a plus. It keeps you focused. Be good

 
On September 22, 2009 at 10:39 PM , Fabulo-la said...

Lol @ Lyrics..Wednesday never reach for here o!
lol

Ehn..but Americans disrespect Asians and Mexicans all the time don't they???

@~Sirius~..hopefully Im getting there...

@Renesugarplumsweetness..I hope so..

Thank you leggy..xxx

@MW...what? White boys are good naa..abi?
lol

@Sunnyside...That is what they say

@Bubbles..dodo babe
White boys are clingy ke?
WHat state r u in again???

@DannyB I have to listen to that again..

@Tisha...we r def focusing on that.

@Ttllola: Its really needed sometimes..isnt it?

@Ms.Dufa...def go watch d movie..was really good.

@Naijababe...Amen o!..No worry gist coming..hopefully

Thank you guysxxx

 
On September 23, 2009 at 1:11 AM , Anonymous said...

Oh Lovey,
I hope you are doing well.
Gosh I just wish sometimes that I am half as strong as this. I know that I would probably give myself to him and then.....
More power to you darl.
Oh and you are so right...ITS HOW U FINISH THAT MATTERS!!!

 
On September 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM , Mz. Eniola said...

Find U babe!! love d poem doe! ehn! today is d day ooo! i want to knw flirting techniques tooo!!! :) u shud do a post on dat lool!its really how well not how fast! :)
Honestly i went to watch district 9 with an open mind...butit was BORINGGGG!!! i saw an hour of it..nd i was out!...i couldnt stand d boredom..maybe its just me..i even wen to buy stuff to eat just to make it more interestn lol..but it was coming o! wasnt just cuz dey yabbed naij lol..but its prbli d most boring ish ive seen! :( i wasted my money **tearS**

 
On September 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM , Nice Anon said...

Fabulola and her poems. LOL

 
On September 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM , juiceegal said...

Hmmmmm food for thought....sometimes in life we all ahve 2 be selfish....now is the time for u to be.
Me too i dnt undastand y pple r rantin bout district 9 o, its a movie and oda countries r portrayed in a bad light in other movies too..abeg we all need 2 take a chill pill jo

 
On September 24, 2009 at 8:59 PM , David.фаворит Бога номер-один said...

"it's not about how you start, it's about how you finish"

you testimonies will be GREAT...the world will hear the stories and marvel.
yeah, just something that kinda resonates with yours and i know how you feel...

hmm??? not saying anymore

 
On September 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM , kay9 said...

Wednesday has come and gone, oya Fabulola giv us the jist sharp-sharp. Kinda liked that DannyB line at the end.

 
On September 27, 2009 at 3:19 AM , Tigeress said...

oooh let know what happens with this oyinbo boy o! lol!

 
On September 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM , Sweetnothin' said...

nice peom or ???
still love it.

New boy huh....hmmmmmm, gist pls.

 
On September 28, 2009 at 9:27 AM , Lady X said...

Oh and I just looked at that last paragraph...
Please you really shouldn't let that bother you. I think it's all about what you do after you get your degree that matters...Not how fast you get it...

 
On September 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM , Ebony~!* said...

u hit it! it's not how you start but how you finish!

 
On September 29, 2009 at 12:59 AM , Chookz said...

me time is good