Captured by your fears,
and [tortured] by your insecurities.
Constant wants and wishes and if onlys 
threatening to un-validate your current reality.

But the truth is, these wishes and wants and if onlys are not horses, 
and beggars and not riding. 
But still.
Amidst your apparent lack, 
and doubts and drowning disappointments, 
you are okay.

Because even when nothing is going okay, 
everything is still...okay.
Food shelter and internet, you do not lack.
Love, mercy and grace are... new every morning.

He is unfailingly faithful in giving you your daily bread.

So why then...is your heart heavy?



Fabulo-la

Comments (6)

On March 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM , Myne said...

Why?

Been a while, just saying hi :)

 
On March 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM , Okeoghene said...

Maybe I think there is more and my human mind thinks I should have more.

 
On March 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM , Miss Natural said...

I can relate to this on so many levels. For me, I just try to keep on thanking God even in the midst of my seeming ungratefulness.

 
On March 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM , dosh said...

Because even though i know better, i have made irrelevant things a priority and pushed the important things behind but you weren't talking to me, or were you?

I've missed it here :)

 
On May 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM , mancee said...

My heart be heavy
For I have not thought wisely
Comparing myself to others
When I should have stayed behind my shutters.

:-)

-ManCee

 
On May 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM , mancee said...

Indeed my heart is heavy
For my thoughts stray unwisely
I compare my life with others
Failing to see I'm like no other.

-Mancee