I see Him.
In your faces
In your smiles
In the way your hearts are open
To me.

In the depth
Of our love,
Of our friendship.

I see Him
When you look through
The windows [of my soul]
And are not phased
By the doors  (and barberd wires) [of my heart].

And yet,
Still you look at me
With love in your eyes,
In your words,
In your smiles.

I see Him
In you [C].
And you [O].

And finally
My heart begins to fathom
The depth of His love.

I see Him in you,
And I understand
That He is indeed Love.


I've always wondered who this Christ is, and what He wants with me.  Now I look at you, and I think I know the answer.


xxx
Fabulo-la


Comments (3)

On March 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM , lovelife4sale said...

nice write up... i like the line

"When you look through the windows of my soul
and are not phased
by the doors and barbed wires of my heart"

its a nice deep touch.

 
On March 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM , dosh said...

To feel God's presence and His love for you is one thing but to see Him in others is one of the best feelings in the world. The depth of God's love for us is indescribable and to experience even a fraction of it is life changing.

May the Lord keep shining His face on you :)

 
On March 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM , Enkay said...

How else can we see, feel or know love until it is acted out?

I like to see Love as a verb - "a doing word" - anything else just falls flat.

God's love for us is the highest standard there is.

Lovely poem.